Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ultrasounds

Aren't these little sneak peeks amazing?  If you remember my earlier post from this pregnancy...we didn't exactly have a "riveting" ultrasound experience for our 20 Week (Half-Way-Point) Ultrasound.  Compared to the experience that we had during my first pregnancy it was somewhat of a let down.  Anyway...when I had my ultrasound for this baby last week (Doc wanted to make sure this baby isn't getting super huge like Brennan was!  All is well...we have a perfectly average sized baby!) I was surprised when the ultrasound tech was over-the-top friendly and randomly switched over to the 3D Ultrasound at the end of the session!*  I was pretty bummed that Derek wasn't there for it, but it was definitely a pleasant and unexpected turn of events.  I got to see our little baby's precious face!  Now...granted, this equipment must not be as nice as what we had with Brennan because you can definitely see a difference in quality, but just look at my sweet babies!!**


Brennan (above) and Baby #2 (below)...I can totally see the resemblance!  

I think I might see some hair on top of that sweet head too!! 

Baby has the "pouty lips" down! 

Brennan always seemed to have his hands up near his face, this baby seems to like his or her hands curled up nicely on the chest.

*Just in case you wondered...NO I did not peek at the baby's gender.  It was tempting, but come on...we've made it this far...we can wait a few more weeks!  I am so excited!! 

**By the way...the ultrasound picture of Brennan at the top was taken around 29 weeks gestation.  The picture of Baby #2 is at 36 weeks.  Brennan was a BIG boy!  My goodness.  You could definitely tell during this ultrasound that the baby had a lot more "wiggle room" even 7 weeks later than big brother.  

No comments:

Post a Comment