Thursday, August 2, 2012

32 Weeks and a Silly Survey!


Total weight gain: It seems to go up and down quite a bit.  About 7lbs gained at this point.  My doctor says "Whatever is going on in there is ALL baby..."  You know, I always like to put the baby first! 

Maternity clothes? Clothes in general are pretty much the bane of my existence these days.  Nothing fits right.  Too big, too small, too loose, too tight, too short, too long...BAH!!  I'm over it. 

Stretch marks? Still no "new" stretch marks.  I have been using my sugar scrub and lotion.  Hopefully this keeps the skin stretching at bay and I can escape this pregnancy without any wicked marks!  Although, if I get them...no biggy.  I did, after all, grow a human being inside of my body.  

Sleep: So terribly uncomfortable.  I have lots of "special" pillows and such...nothing really seems to help.  I actually really wish we had a recliner.  Like one of those massive Lay-Z-Boy jobs with the cooler in the arm rest...yeah.  Then I could sleep in an upright position AND have cold water in the night without waddling to the refrigerator.  

Best moment this week: We did a hospital tour of the L&D area and were pleasantly surprised.  We had heard so many negative things about the hospital that I am going to deliver in ("It's so OLD and outdated...", "the rooms are TINY!", "the staff is not very nice...") but we found the rooms to be pleasant (even though a little old-ish and small) and the nurses were very sweet.  Also...I am hoping not to spend a ton of time in the hospital anyway...so who needs a brand new giant room??      

Miss Anything?  Being able to jump out of bed quickly when my toddler wakes up in the night with a sick tummy.  There aren't many things that are more frightening than a 2-year-old next to your bed threatening to throw up and being paralyzed with pain.  You definitely want to move at warp speed in that instance.  

Movement: Lots.  At our 31 week ultrasound we saw that the baby was breech...I feel confident that the baby has already moved from that position (I can no longer feel the hard little noggin front and center right under my ribs!)  Who knows what position the baby is actually in now, but I will take it as a good sign that the little one is moving up a storm! 

Food cravings: SWEET things!  Chocolate and Caramel (my dear husband brought me some Twix and Rolo's today!)  Ice cream, cookies...more chocolate.  Mmmm...

Anything making you queasy or sickI am running out of room to eat more than a small amount of food at one time.  The problem is...sometimes something just looks SO good and I eat too much too quickly and I end up feeling miserable.  Note to self...eyes are usually bigger than your stomach! 

Gender: We made it through ANOTHER ultrasound and stayed strong.  We figure we have come this far...we're not finding out now.  Recently I have had the feeling that this baby might just be a girl, but I keep telling myself that it is probably a boy.  Once again revealing the startling news that...I have NO CLUE!!  Super excited to meet this baby! 

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks

Symptoms: Extremely tired, aching hips, heart burn...basically the same as a 90 year old woman.  

Belly Button in or out? What belly button?  It's just a little bit darker part of skin stretched across my belly now.  There is no definition!  

Wedding rings on or off? Still on.  I hope I don't have to take them off.  

Happy or Moody most of the time: Mostly happy with intermittent "zoned out/zombie like" moments.  Sometimes I feel like I could sleep standing up.  

Looking forward toWe have another ultrasound at 36 weeks!  Hoping the baby is a reasonable size and head-down at that time!!  Feel free to join in on the prayers!! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment