Sunday, August 10, 2014

WHAT-A-MELON!

How appropriate that my first post in nearly 2 years would be inspired by food. I mean, it makes the world go 'round, right? (see what I did there??) Or is that love? At any rate, GUYS...you have to try this!*

I bought two Watermelons yesterday. One for eating fresh because, well, I love fresh cold watermelon. And one for freezing. "Freeze Watermelon??" You say?? YES!! Cut it into chunks and freeze it. Then when it is all nice and frozen, put it in the blender with a wee bit of lemon juice and you have yourself a Watermelon Lemonade Slushy. (And not the artificial watermelon flavor like you would find in Bubbalicious, because...bleh!) It is the perfect slushy-texture without adding any ice.  It's just straight-up watermelon and lemon juice. BOOM. Side note, methinks this would also make a fabulous Watermelon Margarita. You're welcome.

 Oh my stars, my life is complete!! This is a delightful treat. Luke wanted a straw because a spoon just wasn't quick enough.

Enjoy!!

*I realize that I am probably behind the times and everyone probably already knew about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment