Monday, August 25, 2014

Off He Goes...


My baby boy…the whole reason this blog was started several years ago…my precious Brennan.  He started school today.   


As we were driving to school I warned him that some of his new friends might be a little bit sad or scared today because it would be the first time they were leaving their Mommies and Daddies.  Brennan told me "It's ok, Mom.  I know how to calm them down.  I will be REEEEEEALLY kind to them." Be still my heart.  

I wasn't quite sure how I would react to dropping him off for the first time.  It was a little bit chaotic when we arrived because all of the other parents were, like me, trying to soak it all in.  Pictures were being snapped left and right, school supplies being dropped off, backpacks tucked into their cubbies.  Brennan went right in and sat on the rug to play with toys and mingle with his new friends.  As I walked away the tears came and I tried to discreetly wipe them away, but no one judged because they all knew why.


All at once I am feeling a mixture of heartache, excitement, nervousness, and happiness. How can it be that my little chubby angel baby is now a KID.  A kid that has so much energy, is so smart, so loving, so hilarious.  He is going to love school, I just know it.  I can’t wait to see how this year unfolds and to watch my boy grow some more.  And I have a strong suspicion that this whole “school” endeavor will provide MANY topics for blog worthy posts!


Happy First Day of School, Sweet Boy.  We are so proud of you and love you so much! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment