Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Man That Was Meant For Me

*


Four years ago, I became MRS. Hulsey.  Probably the best choice I ever made...

I married my best friend...the man that was meant for me.

He has loved me, even when I am most UNlovable.  He has made me happy when I am sad.  He has made me laugh when I want to cry.  He takes care of me and he is the most amazing Father to our children (even though baby number two is still in the womb!)  I am blessed beyond anything I could have ever imagined!

I love you, Derek.  SO, SO much.  You are the most incredible man.  Thank you for giving me four years of knowing that I found the one that I was meant to love.  xoxoxo

Mr. and Mrs. Hulsey! 

*That first picture is beautiful, isn't it??  That was our first married kiss...right up there in front of everyone.  What you don't see is that it was RIDICULOUSLY hot outside and as I gazed into my new husband's eyes right before this picture was taken, I noticed a large drop of sweat coming down to the tip of Derek's nose...and wouldn't you know...the pastor said "You may kiss your bride!" and he did...just after the drop of sweat from his nose landed right smack in my MOUTH!!  Ahh, Thank God my immediate thought was "There are probably somewhere close to a 100 cameras pointed at your right now...LOCK IT UP!" Otherwise our "first kiss" picture may have shown me spitting and wiping my mouth!! haha!  A fun story to tell :) 


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BONUS PICTURE:


This is one of my favorite photos from our wedding.  Growing up, I never really had a Dad.  As a little girl I often wondered "who will give me away when I get married?"  Then I met Derek.  I was very stressed about the impending "giving-away-of-the-bride" as I had not managed to come up with a Dad in the time leading up to my wedding.  Derek suggested "I will come down the aisle and get you...and walk with you."  (There I go tearing up again!)  So, as you can see, I agreed (whilst crying...shocking, I know) and this picture captures the look on Derek's face when he walked down the aisle to rescue his bride :)  He still looks at me like this.  I love this man!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment