Wednesday, June 20, 2012

JELLO! Say It Aint So!

Announcement:

My son...does. not. like. JELLO!

You heard me.

How sad is this???!*  I made this discovery the other night when I reenacted an old junior/high school favorite from my days of sleepovers with dear friends**.  I asked Brennan enthusiastically (right before bed time) if he wanted to help me make JELLO!!  And then we could have it for breakfast (Coolest Mom Ever...I know.) He, of course, very enthusiastically replied "YES!!"

It was all fun and games all the way up to the point the jello touched his tongue.  At which point he spat it out with gusto and almost cried.

Sad day.  So, naturally, I made Brennan some eggs and ate almost an entire bowl of jello for breakfast.  Ahh, pregnancy cravings...good stuff.

*I'm perfectly aware that on a scale of one to "my puppy died"...this JELLO! debacle is really not that big of a deal, but I am feeling particularly dramatic right now...so there.

**When I was in junior/high school I would spend an awful lot of time staying the night at my friends houses.  It was often customary for us to be awake in the wee hours of the morning, at which time we would make jello and then have it a few short hours later when it was set up.  JELLO!  for breakfast...Sweet memories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment