Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers is...


Well folks...it's official...I'm pregnant. Actually, this is old news. I am QUITE pregnant at this point, not even just a little bit pregnant, but being that this is my first blog post about this...SURPRISE!! I'm pregnant!

So far this pregnancy has been fairly similar to my pregnancy with Brennan. I feel pretty miserable most of the time. Although if this go-around truly IS like Brennan's time in the womb that means I will begin to feel awesome in the next week or so. Come on, baby! Be good to me!

Have you ever felt like you could literally just fall asleep at any moment? Standing? In the Shower? Cooking dinner? Mid-Conversation? Yep. I could sleep. SO. TIRED. ALL. THE. TIME. I miss having even a smidgen of energy. This is especially difficult when I have a very vivacious little 2-and-a-half-year-old that would love it if I would play dump trucks and legos 24/7. I have also managed to LOSE weight (again, like with Brennan) so far. I won't go into exact numbers because well...I don't want to...but lets just say that this isn't necessarily a "woohoo! I am losing weight!" type of deal...it's more like "Man...I just wish I could have a reprieve from the nausea so I could eat something for pleasure again." I will say, I have been able to start eating more now than a couple weeks ago, which again...is a good sign! I can see the light at the end of this queezy tunnel!!

Of course, as they say...this is ALL worth it. I just want a healthy little baby and if feeling this way is allowing my child to thrive in there...then so be it. After all, women WERE designed for this, eh? (PS...I hate it when people say that because it's true and it doesn't make it any more pleasant. Thanks.)

Brennan is so precious and very excited when it comes to this baby. We involved him very early on (even though some people say NOT to do that in case something goes awry...we took our chances) and he is thrilled. He asks to listen to the baby and will hold his ear to my belly and just grin (Note: I will need to tell him someday that what he was actually hearing was Mommy's digestive process!) From the very beginning Brennan has said (without coaxing) that the baby is a "DIRL BABY!" (Dirl=Girl) Which, of course, would be wonderful. However...if Brennan has a little Brother we will be just as excited! We have asked Brennan what he thinks the baby's name should be and after some deep thought he has decided the baby should be called "Tigger" So...whilst in utero...this little bundle of joy shall hereby be called Tigger.

We had a doctors appointment this morning and Brennan was able to attend. It was a quick appointment, but we heard that sweet heart beat loud and clear. This time the heart rate was in the 140's. At 8 weeks when we had our first ultrasound the baby had a heart rate of 168. Brennan's heart rate at 8 weeks was just over 150. Maybe this little Tigger IS a girl?? Only time will tell.

TTFN (Get it?? Because Tigger says that? So clever...)

1 comment:

  1. I get it, "Ta-ta for now"! I'm so happy to hear that Brennan has been given a special understanding about baby Tigger. However,a sweet little red-headed Tigger of any gender will be just perfectly wonderful. Missing you!

    ReplyDelete