Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Face That EVERYONE Could Love...



Isn't my little boy precious? I am so in love it's amazing. Being able to see him inside of me that way was just incredible. It was easy to see that he already has a sweet personality. He loves to hide his little face behind his hands and didn't like it very much when the ultrasound tech tried to move him around. He enjoys his sleep!!! (Just like his mommy.) The ultrasound tech said that he looked "VERY healthy!". He said that I have been doing a good job feeding my boy and staying hydrated because his amniotic fluid is nice and clear and his muscle to fat ratio is excellent. He has enormous feet (well...they obviously tiny, but in baby terms he's got some big old footsies.) One of the weirdest/coolest/most amazing things ever was seeing him open his eyes on the 4D ultrasound. At one point you could even see the white part of his eye and his eyelashes...can you believe that?! Derek's Mom and her husband Shannon were actually able to watch the sonogram on a live internet feed provided by the facility. They were in a Starbucks in Santa Fe, New Mexico when they first got to see little Brennan :) In other news...Brennan has started having the hicups...a lot. My stomach feels like it's on kick-repeat or something. It's just very short, sharp movements every 2 seconds for about 50-60 seconds. I have heard that this is good for his lung development because he gets the lungs and diaphragm working with the amniotic fluid (once again...so amazing the things that go on in such a tiny little person who happens to be living inside of me right now!!!) Anyway, I am making my way to Seattle/Bremerton/Silverdale in a couple of days and I am very excited about it. Derek seems to be a wee-bit worried that I will go into labor promptly upon my arrival to SeaTac. I assured him that that will not be the case (although I am aware that someone COULD happen...chance are, they won't.) because so far I have had an almost perfect/no complications whatsoever pregnancy. My Doctor was fine with the idea of me taking a trip on a plane and I also have one more appointment on Tuesday right before I head out to the west coast. So, if by some strange turn of events the doc tells me it's best if I stay put...then of course, I will. I'm excited to see old friends and visit. It's going to be grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment